Becky Austin, Fitness Model, Teacher, Motivator, and Mom was selected Model of the Month for January. We have interviewed Becky. Here is what she shared:
My experience working with GC Photographers was amazing. Chris was very organized and prepared for the shoot. Throughout the process he was professional and gave productive feedback. We already have future plans of working together in the future on some upcoming projects!
Our first shoot together we combined fashion and fitness to include both our interests. Swimwear, fitness clothes, and heels were all part of the magic. We even tried a new concept with a football theme
My professional interests lie in the fitness world. I hope to inspire women, men, and children to live a healthy active lifestyle. I want to lead by example and show that through fitness modeling along with everyday life choices.
I first started modeling 2 years ago. I paid for my first shoot because I wanted to document how far I had come in my fitness journey. From there I had quite a few people asking me for advice on nutrition and exercise. I also had photographers seek me out from the photos I had posted on social media. The more shoots I did the more I enjoyed doing them and the more people I was able to reach out to. An upcoming shoot can give me motivation but also is something I can keep forever to document my journey.
Ashley Horner is an international fitness model who has helped me through my fitness journey. She is so down to earth yet such a badass. She has taught me about finding beauty in my strength and accepting who I am without being defined by a number on a scale. I also love other fitness models such as Michele Lewin and Paige Hathaway. These women are all extremely strong, but very feminine and beautiful.
My favorite designers fall into the fitness line of clothing. La Bella Mafia and Better Bodies are two of my favorites. Nike will always be top for me though J
I have shot with other photographers such as Sarah Marshall Photography in Panama City Beach, FL, LHGFX in Miami, Fl, and some local photographers such as Mirage images here in Eastern NC. You can view the photos on my Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/becky.austin.5220 or on my Model Mayhem Portfolio
Lastly, I’m excited to announce that I am modeling for Hang Rite athletics.
I am always active and eat healthy majority of the time. However, when it comes time for a shoot I will kick this up a notch anywhere from a month in advance to a week in advance depending on how much notice is given for the shoot. I really like to stay photo shoot ready so it’s a matter of dialing in to make small changes prior to shooting. I also make sure I get enough sleep and drink a gallon of water each day. Lastly, I do the fun stuff- getting my nails done, spray tanning, hair touch ups, and find a great makeup artist.
I am terrible at being a girl sometimes! I can manage to do my own hair most of the time, unless we have a unique hairstyle planned. Make-up however, I need all the help I can get. I do not wear any make up on a day to day basis so I don’t have much practice putting it on JTherefore,I always have a make-up artist booked in advanced.
I hope to make it in “the big leagues” and be able to model on a large scale like Ashley Horner, Michelle Lewin, and Paige Hathaway. I want to touch and inspire as many lives as possible and hope to be a light for those struggling to find themselves. I believe health and fitness can help anyone who is willing to give it a fair shot. I know how much it has helped me better my life and I only hope that I can pay it forward.
1. I have a tattoo- I used to be against them until I found something very meaningful to me. Whenever I see it, it is a reminder to me. Also, only a few people know what my tattoo actually says/means.
2. I am very Pro 2nd amendment. I grew up in the country and my family survived off of venison and turkey. Although I hated it back then, I now appreciate the tradition and benefits of eating what you hunt. Lastly, I feel a change coming with the government about the ownership of guns. We were built by freedom and it should remain the same way. We should be able to own any firearm we like without stipulations set forth by our leaders.
3. Although I am very social, I am actually very shy at times. Starting off in front of a camera was a crazy, nerve wracking experience that took time to get accustomed to.
4. I am a mom of 2 healthy happy boys and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years.
5. Although I have been an athlete my whole life, I have only been into fitness for the past couple years.